Thursday 26 May 2011

Lion poo

Doing a bit of research into the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010 on the “Use of waste to manufacture finished goods” (U9) a little while ago, I couldn’t help noticing one of the permitted wastes was “200199 Lion faeces only”. So, being me, in an idle moment I just had to find out what sort of “finished goods” lion poo could be used to manufacture – just too quirky to ignore! My first thought was “paper” (you'd be amazed ....), but they’re carnivores, so no long fibres, so that couldn’t be it.

Anyway, I found it  – cat deterrent. It’s used to “odourise” clay pellets that you spread on your garden if you want to keep cats at bay. (And if I was a domestic moggie, yep, I think it would work on me!) So, if you happen to have a lion poo disposal problem, at least you now know how to recycle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment